COMPLIANCE Action Assessment
Key Changes To OSHA’s Penalty Policies Are Now In Effect.
Is it time to consider some extra support on your compliance risk assessment team?
- …OSHA fines more than tripled in October?
- …the number of inspections climbed to a 15-year high?
- …the number of citations is the highest in nearly two decades?
- Average penalty for a serious OSHA citation increased from $1,000 to an average of $3,000-$4,000.
- Time frame for considering an employer’s history of violations has expanded from three years to five years.
- Time frame for repeated violations has also increased from three to five years.
- Employers can receive a 20% reduction in fines if they agree to retain an outside safety and health consultant.
- A penalty reduction may be permitted in recognition of an employer’s effort to implement an effective workplace safety and health management system.
Introducing H&A’s COMPLIANCE Action AssessmentGiven OSHA’s changes, your organization needs to be prepared. We will conduct a compliance risk assessment to determine where your EH&S program stands today, then identify issues and address the gaps.
- Injury/illness logs documenting your history and trends
- Health and safety manual with required OSHA programs, including emergency procedures
- Required OSHA safety training plan, including implementation documentation
- Physical hazards associated with your operational environment
- Environmental compliance issues (hazardous waste, air and storm water permits)
- Evidence of management commitment and employee involvement
- Step 1: Typically one day of on-site activity at your location(s)
- Step 2: Two weeks to prepare a comprehensive gap analysis and action plan
- Step 3: One hour follow-up meeting to present our findings and recommend solutions
- Option 1: We’ll create a list of short- and long-term action items for your staff to implement
- Option 2: We’ll execute these on your behalf and become accountable for the results
- Option 3: We’ll divide and conquer
About the cost of a single, serious OSHA citation. If you decide to engage us for any follow-up activity, a portion of this fee will be applied to your first invoice. Call 303.384.9828 today for an exact quote.
Have fewer than 15 employees? Receive the same compliance risk assessment and apply a 25% small business discount.
- Mitigated regulatory risk
- Reduced worker’s comp exposure
- Increased peace of mind for your management team
If OSHA dropped by tomorrow, would you be prepared?
Call or email Ryan Hellman today to schedule a free consultation. 303.384.9828 x101
Find out whether a COMPLIANCE Action Assessment makes sense in light of OSHA’s increased enforcement activity.