In many companies, there is not a dedicated safety manager so the compliance service duties fall to the human resources or operations manager. However, keeping up with complex OSHA and EHS regulations, monitoring job sites for hazards, training workers, managing risks, and documenting safety programs, in addition to other job responsibilities, can be overwhelming and unrealistic. Often, companies don’t know that outsourcing safety management is even an option.
Hellman & Associates offers an annual compliance services contract which means you’ll have unlimited access to a team of experts who provide an assessment of your current situation and develop a customized plan to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Conduct an initial compliance risk assessment of your site(s) which identifies both positive aspects and potential gaps while evaluating your business, facilities, and EHS programs for regulatory compliance and comparison against best industry practices
- Provide a prioritized action plan ranking areas in need of improvement on an easily understood scale (the applicable regulatory or best practice codes/standards are cited for your use)
- Develop a Compliance Calendar
- Implement your EHS program
- Review or develop your Health/Safety Manual
- Develop and conduct workplace safety training programs as identified in the initial assessment including a training matrix and customized materials
- Manage recordkeeping requirements
- Quality Assurance visits by Senior Management
- Management and optional support of environmental compliance program
- If business is in Colorado, H&A will support Colorado Cost Containment Certification and assist as a representative during an audit from the Cost Containment Board
A formal safety program not only protects your employees, it also saves you money. Many of our clients have reduced workers’ compensation rates by 5% in the first year and achieved further savings in following years as their mod rate drops.
We stay on top of issues and document your safety program so that, if OSHA knocks on your door, you’ll have nothing to worry about. Guaranteed. What does guaranteed mean? If you incur an OSHA citation for something our compliance services should have managed, we pay for it.