Position Title: Environmental Health & Safety Consultant 1
Reports to: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hellman & Associates (H&A) is a vibrant consulting company located in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. H&A is an OSHA VPP Star site for mobile workforce committed to the highest workplace safety standards. Consultants provide safety and health support to our clients in a number of technical areas and through our proven, outsourced, ASSUREDCompliance service. H&A consultants have a reputation as people with integrity and conscientious work ethics creating partnerships for a safer workplace.
These functions are competently applied to H&A clientele in diverse industry settings but primarily in the manufacturing, construction, and service industries:
- Ensure OSHA compliance at construction and general industry sites
- Develop, implement and monitor systems to meet OSHA requirements
- Develop compliance training associated with OSHA/EPA//FMCSA/PHMSA regulations
- Train client staff to specific requirements of OSHA/EPA//FMCSA/PHMSA
- Conduct OSHA/EPA//FMCSA/PHMSA compliance assessments
- Conduct accident investigations
- Develop compliance calendars
- Develop safety and health programs and utilize the company Assured Compliance Software (ACS) to manage client site EHS obligations as directed.
- Interpret standards and codes
- Manage client safety committees
- Manage third party contractor approval sites
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Basic knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1904,1926 and 1910 regulations.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is a plus.
- Organizational skills to allow the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- High level of motivation
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to independently seek out resources
- Willing to work night shifts and/or weekend shift periodically
- Willing to travel periodically
- Familiarity with MS, Excel, Word, Google Apps and SalesForce
- Work collaboratively with H&A team
- Summarize technical concepts in written reports
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
BS in Industrial Safety/Hygiene or related field
New college graduate to 3 years in a health and/or safety position
Material and Equipment involved:
- Standard office equipment
- Industrial hygiene instrumentation
- Expectation for all employees to adhere to policies outlined in the H&A Employee Handbook
- Attention to safety as described in H&A Health & Safety Management System
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com