Construction Companies: You have Until September 23, 2017 to Achieve Silica Standard Compliance
OSHA’s new regulatory standard for construction companies regarding occupational exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) has been extended to September 23, 2017. After this date, silica exposure control, respiratory protection programs, employee training and recordkeeping will be compulsory, and those who have not adopted the required silica standard will be subject to fines.
Construction Compliance Enforcement
Date: September 23, 2017
OSHA estimates that over 2.3 million workers are exposed to airborne dust containing respirable silica and that 90% of those workers are employed in construction—making the construction industry a target for inspections. Are you prepared?
President Coblaco Services, Inc.
Introducing H&A’s Silica Compliance Toolkit
Everything You Need to Get Silica Exposure in ComplianceTime is running short, and many companies that deal with silica construction don’t have the capacity to ramp up a Silica Compliance Program by OSHA’s compliance date—leaving them open to audits and fines. Hellman & Associates has put together the Silica Compliance Toolkit, a comprehensive silica control packet that gives you the tools you need to get your silica plan and procedure in place, fast. For just $499, you’ll receive:
- Step-by-step instructions for comprehensive silica compliance management
- Standard implementation and Table 1 guide for silica safety
- Silica Exposure Control Plan Template in MS Word
- Respiratory Protection Program Template in MS Word
- Employee Training Program Silica Template in both English and Spanish in MS PowerPoint
- Email and phone support from H&A’s experienced staff of EHS Professionals, including Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH)